Contact Us

Tell us what you think about our web site, our products, our organization or anything else that comes to mind. We value your comments and suggestions. Click here to securely submit your comments electronically.

Customer Service Center Hours:

Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm

Customer Service Center Phone Number:

Toll Free 800-354-0182
Middlesboro 606-248-1095
Harlan 606-573-7050 or 606-573-1440
New Tazewell 423-626-2030
Jacksboro 423-566-4663
Harrogate 423-869-1095

Phone Home 24 Hour Telebanking Number:

800-728-Info (4636)
606-248-Home (4663)

Holiday Schedule

Customer Service

Home Federal Bank is here to help you with any questions you may have about any of your accounts and our services. Our full-time Customer Service Center has over 30 years combined banking experience. The Customer Service Center team consists of Home Federal Bank employees. They are folks you know and trust, that work and live in your community. Our Service Center employees ensure your call is answered by a friendly, knowledgeable representative and not a machine. Home Federal Bank's Customer Service Center has extended hours to help keep us Always Within Reach©.

While our Customer Service Center can help you with any of your banking needs, we also offer many services online. You can change your address, begin the steps to switch to Home Federal Bank, order checks, or login to our Home Banker Online Banking to check your account balances anytime.


Changing your Address

Need to change your address but don't have time to come to the bank? No problem, submit your address change online using our secure Change of Address Form. After we have received your request we will notify you by mail or a phone call to confirm your new address. The reasons we do this are:

  • We want to ensure the change came from you and it is not fraudulent.
  • We want you to know we received your request.

If you do not receive your conformation within five days please resubmit your address change.


Steps to Switch to HFB

We want to make changing your account to Home Federal Bank as easy as possible. Visit any of our locations in Kentucky or Tennessee, and our Personal Bankers will be happy to help you move your Direct Deposits and ACH withdrawals. You can also get a head start on moving your account by completing the Steps to Switch to HFB. Everything you need to make a smooth and trouble-free transition to your new account is provided in our switch kit packet. All you have to do is follow these five easy steps:

  1. Open an account with us at Home Federal Bank. Print and fill out our New Account Information Form provided in the Switch Kit Then bring it in to any of our locations nearest you. View our checking products to select an account or let one of our personal bankers assist you in finding an account to fit your banking needs.
  2. Stop actively using your former account. You should stop writing checks, initiating payments, and using your ATM or debit card from your old checking account as soon as possible.
  3. Switch your direct deposits. There is no limit to the number of direct deposits you can set up with Home Federal Bank. Use our Authorization to Change Direct Deposit Form in the Switch Kit to notify your employer that you are changing banks. If you currently receive Social Security benefits, veterans' compensation, or other government benefits, they will need to be contacted directly. Our personal bankers will be happy to help you with changing your direct deposits or you can use the following contact information:
    1. Social Security (SSA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) - Call 800-772-1213 (800-325-0778 TTY)
    2. Civil Service Retirement (Office of Personal Management) - Call 888-767-6738 (800-878-5707 TTY)
    3. Veterans Compensation and Pension - Call 877-838-2778 (800-829-4833 TTY) 
      It can take up to one or two months to switch Government Direct Deposits.
  4. Establish or switch your payments or transfers. You can use our handy checklist to track your automatic withdrawals. Try contacting your billers online or by phone. If acceptable, you can contact companies by mail using our Authorization to Change Automatic Withdrawals Form. Now that you're switching banks, it's a great time to think about how you would like to make your payments. In      addition to cash, there are a number of ways to make payments, including:
    1. Check-A traditional way to make payments.
    2. Automatic Debit- Billers like utilities or insurance providers will automatically debit your checking account for the bill. Provide your routing number and account number from your checking account and make sure you have sufficient funds to cover the debit (ACH) on the payment due date.
    3. Debit Card - Any biller who accepts Mastercard® will take this form of payment. Just provide your debit card number and expiration date.
    4. Online BillPay - Make payments online to any individual or biller in the United States with Home Federal Bank's online BillPay. Set up recurring bills or schedule one-time payments up to one year in advance. BillPay allows you complete control of your payment schedule. You have the ability to pay who you want and when.
  5. Close your former bank account. Make sure all outstanding checks and debits have cleared before closing your old account. Print, complete, and mail the Authorization to Close Account Form or contact your old financial institution to see if they have required forms to fill out. If you have a remaining balance after all your account activity has cleared, your old bank will mail you a check. Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM or debit cards from your old account. Or bring them to us, we'd be happy to shred them for you.

You're done. If you need any assistance with switching your accounts or have any questions, please visit us or call one of our friendly Customer Service Center Representatives at 800-354-0182. We look forward to being your new financial partner.

Switch Kit


 Loss of a Loved One

We realize that the loss of a loved one can be a difficult and overwhelming time for you and your family.  We hope our Account Settlement Guide for Survivors will simplify the account settlement process and help you know what to expect as your loved one's accounts are closed or ownership transferred. In this guide, we will provide some frequently asked questions and the information that you need to handle the account settlement process.

Survivors have several options for contacting Home Federal Bank:

> By Phone:  800-354-0182 or 606-248-1095

> By mail: Home Federal Bank

 Attention: Customer Service Center

 1602 Cumberland Avenue

 Middlesboro KY 40965

> In person: Visit your nearest branch location.

Survivors Guide


Unclaimed Property

Bankers know how to handle customer funds that need to be escheated to the state, but do you know how to claims funds that are due you from an escheatable account? 

All states require financial institutions, including brokerage firms and insurance companies, to report when personal property has been abandoned or unclaimed after a period of time specified by state law.  This could be anything from overpaid utilities, early termination of contracts, or a forgotten bank account.  By law, these funds are escheated, or turned over, to the Department of State Treasurer for safekeeping.  To determine whether any funds have been escheated to the state that belong to you, visit