Home Federal Bank

Customer Service

Customer Service

Steps to Switch to HFB

We want to make your switch to a Home Federal Bank checking account as easy as possible. Everything you need to make a smooth and trouble-free transition to your new account is provided in our switch kit packet. All you have to do is follow these five easy steps:

  1. Open an account with us at Home Federal Bank. Print and fill out our New Account Information Form provided in the switch kit. Then bring it in to any of our locations nearest you. View our checking products to select an account or let one of our personal bankers assist you in finding an account to fit your banking needs.
  2. Stop actively using your former account. You should stop writing checks, initiating payments, and using your ATM or debit card from your old checking account as soon as possible.
  3. Switch your direct deposits. There is no limit to the number of direct deposits you can set up with Home Federal Bank. Use our Authorization to Change Direct Deposit Form in the switch kit to notify your employer that you are changing banks. If you currently receive Social Security benefits, veterans' compensation, or other government benefits, they will need to be contacted directly. Our personal bankers will be happy to help you with changing your direct deposits or you can use the following contact information:
    • Social Security (SSA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) - Call 800-772-1213 (800-325-0778 TTY) www.socialsecurity.gov
    • Civil Service Retirement (Office of Personal Management) - Call 888-767-6738 (800-878-5707 TTY) www.servicesonline.opm.gov
    • Veterans Compensation and Pension - Call 877-838-2778 (800-829-4833 TTY) www.va.gov
      It can take up to one or two months to switch Government Direct Deposits.
  4. Establish or switch your payments or transfers. You can use our handy checklist to track your automatic withdrawals. Try contacting your billers online or by phone. If acceptable, you can contact companies by mail using our Authorization to Change Automatic Withdrawals Form. Now that you're switching banks, it's a great time to think about how you would like to make your payments. In addition to cash, there are a number of ways to make payments, including:
    • Check-A traditional way to make payments.
    • Automatic Debit- Billers like utilities or insurance providers will automatically debit your checking account for the bill. Provide your routing number and account number from your checking account and make sure you have sufficient funds to cover the debit (ACH) on the payment due date.
    • Debit Card- Any biller who accepts MasterCard® will take this form of payment. Just provide your debit card number and expiration date.
    • Online BillPay- Make payments online to any individual or biller in the United States with Home Federal Bank's online BillPay. Set up recurring bills or schedule one-time payments up to one year in advance. BillPay allows you complete control of your payment schedule. You have the ability to pay who you want and when.
  5. Close your former bank account. Make sure all outstanding checks and debits have cleared before closing your old account. Print, complete, and mail the Authorization to Close Account Form or contact your old financial institution to see if they have required forms to fill out. If you have a remaining balance after all your account activity has cleared, your old bank will mail you a check. Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM or debit cards from your old account. Or bring them to us, we'd be happy to shred them for you.

You're done. If you need any assistance with switching your accounts or have any questions, please visit us or call one of our friendly Customer Service Center Representatives at 800-354-0182. We look forward to being your new financial partner.

Intuit Financial Services Equal Housing Lender FDIC